Robert Anthony Pitera
Hi, I'm Robert Anthony Pitera. I'd like to help you utilize technology to the fullest!
Robert Anthony Pitera's Bio:
Robert Anthony Pitera is President/CEO of West of East, Incorporated and is a proven leader in adapting technology and business processes to produce outstanding results for small to medium businesses. He also has extensive experience in the K-12 and Higher Education industries.
- Planned, Implemented and Managed a comprehensive 5 year plan to produce a 2 site, 900 + node
- Planned, Implemented and Managed a 1000 + user GroupWise Email system consisting of 6 servers across WAN with offsite POP and Web Based Internet access. Sited by Novell as an early implementation site for education and featured in their web site as a "Cool Solutions" highlighted customer.
- Built, staffed and managed a Help Desk staff of 6 support technicians for a prestigious private school. Provided in situ training and professional development for staff members o Co-developed and created a FileMaker Pro based Trouble Ticket application for a 1000 seat network
- Assisted in the production of promotional print medium for a prestigious private school including advertising, alumni magazines, newspaper and electronic mediums
- Sited by Microsoft, Novell and WebSense Corporation in various trade magazines, and interviewed on film for a national advertising campaign CD presentation
- Developed a number of Web Based and Client/Server based cross platform multi-user database management systems using FileMaker Pro
- Consultant and Field Engineer for three major urban school district network upgrades for Premier area Value-Added Reseller, providing expertise and ongoing support
- General Manager of a competitive freight forwarding company in one of the nation's busiest hubs, Detroit Metro Airport. Reported to President and managed operations and office personnel as well as accounting functions.
Robert Anthony Pitera's Experience:
Site Administrator/Webmaster at The Pingry School2000 - 2001
Administered and maintained 900 + node WAN, provided support to 900+ users on all applications including office productivity suites, accounting and department specific software. Supervised tech support staff of 3, including consultants. Responsible for maintaining multiple websites including graphics and scripting to spec. Assisted PR department with graphics and photographic expertise also provided consulting and support to Fine Arts department with all technology applications. Managed all IT projects and reported to the newly hired Director of Technology. Supported Netware, Windows and Linux servers with Windows and MacOS clients.
Director of Technology/Webmaster at The Pingry School1996 - 2000
Technical Management- Managed the technical staff of the Network Operations Center at the Martinsville and Short Hills campuses. Supervised the administration, maintenance, operation and scheduling of all network resources and labs to ensure the maximum use and full potential. Responsible for all technical aspects of computing for both campuses for all Administrative and Academic departments. Provided 24/7 responses to all network and site failures, and provide support for its user community. Provide direct technical expertise where necessary. Administrative Management- Supervised tech support staff of 6, including consultants. Managed the daily operations in the Technology office and its paper flow. Assisted in the creation of the Capital Technology budget and its management. Decision maker on all technology purchases for the school. Assisted and advised on policy decisions where appropriate. Managed and maintained all records and inventory. Promotional- Promoted the technology programs both internally as a motivator and innovator, and amongst the school's community at large. Made the Office of Technology available and accessible to the Alumni, Parents and Student body and act as a representative in public functions. Gained support and recognition for technology initiatives on a national and local level through strategic partnerships with global vendors (Novell, Microsoft, WebSense) as well as local and national media (newspapers, television). Brought the school's vision and culture to a worldwide community as Webmaster of the school's web presence. Promoted the schools ideals through community service participation by taking a leadership role as Team Captain in the FIRST Robotics Competition.
Senior Network Engineer at Boise Technologies1993 - 1996
Acted as an Implementation Engineer on various projects, provided on site client support, assisted sales staff with technical proposals and site evaluations. Provided internal helpdesk support and helped to train other technicians. Helped create promotional materials and designed the original logo. Clients included The Courier-News, many New Jersey public and private schools and long-term care facilities.
General/Operations Manager at Dependable Transportation, Inc.1990 - 1993
General Manager for a successful Freight Forwarding, TL/LTL and Warehousing operation in the Detroit Metro Airport Area, one of the nation's busiest hubs. Responsible for day to day operations including accounting and management of operations staff. Worked directly with other carriers to resolve claims and credit issues. Implemented internal freight tracking systems to provide point to point status and POD for clients. Trained operations staff on technology use including software and hardware and provided internal helpdesk support. Implemented System/36 OS Emulation based freight forwarding management system including installation, training and on-going support
President/CEO at West of East, IncorporatedApril 2001
Full service consulting practice providing Graphic and Web Design, Marketing and Advertising Services, Network/Desktop Design and Support and Data Solutions consulting. We also provide temporary staffing solutions and support services for premier area value-added resellers.
Robert Anthony Pitera's Education:
Scotch Plains Fanwood High School1976 – 1979Activities: Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA), Reporter/Feature Columnist for "Fanscotian"
Robert Anthony Pitera's Interests & Activities:
Marketing, Psychology, Education, Philosophy Musician & Vocalist, Home Recording